Welcome to the North Shore Tying Company, If you are interested in having flies tied please visit the "Flies" pages on the right side of the screen. Due to the massive amounts of fly patterns available today there is a chance that the flies you need may not be listed, if so please contact me and I will do my best to meet your request.

Saturday 6 October 2012

Saturday Morning

Hey everyone,

Its been a little while since I posted last, I have been super busy with work lately.

I was able to get away from work and get out for a morning fish today.

When I got to the bank of the river I was surprised to see that there was only a few guys out on the water, typically at this time the river is full of " anglers" (I use that term loosely) trying to "catch" the salmon.

I moved out into my first run and could see some large salmon rising, I started swinging my fly through the run, trying to ignore the freezing rain...... and at about 100 feet in the tail out I felt a solid grab. I brought my fly back in to inspect it to ensure the hook was sharp and I also retied the knot just to be sure...... I always make sure I check my knots and leader before casting to a hot fish for the second time,  its a good habit to get into. Then with the fly back in the water swinging through the tail out he hit again and started down river, I didn't need to set the hook on this one. I had some trouble keeping this fish in the water, all it wanted to do was fly. but eventually I managed to get him landed and was jacked to see a nice coloured up Atlantic,


The fish was carefully released and we parted ways, later on I managed to land a nice pink salmon as well.

Despite the weather, it was a good day to be on the water. I ended up leaving the river around 10 so  I wouldn't have to watch as some "anglers" (again loosely used) snag salmon off the spawning beds.




Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment