Welcome to the North Shore Tying Company, If you are interested in having flies tied please visit the "Flies" pages on the right side of the screen. Due to the massive amounts of fly patterns available today there is a chance that the flies you need may not be listed, if so please contact me and I will do my best to meet your request.

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Intruders and Speys

Hey everyone,

Had a couple nasty weather days here this week so work was cancelled, I was able to log some solid time at the vise yesterday

I spent the day tying up Intruders and some Speys, Trying to finish up an order for a fly shop north of the City.

This fly is one of my favourites and one of the flies I have the most confidence in, everyone should have one fly in there box that they would choose over any other fly..... just in case the fishing is tough. This fly is deadly on fall Steelhead and Atlantics.




This fly is a variation on an old classic " The Lady Caroline" and is another one of my favourites (along with hundreds of other fisherman). I don't think I have ever stepped in the river with out at least one of these flies in my box. The Lady Caroline is actually the first fly I ever caught a Steelhead on and was the first fly I ever swung on a spey rod and to this day it has a special place in my box.




Hopefully I will be able to get some more posts up soon, I am too busy with tying to do much of anything else. I was able to finally register my business, so that's a start.




Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment