Welcome to the North Shore Tying Company, If you are interested in having flies tied please visit the "Flies" pages on the right side of the screen. Due to the massive amounts of fly patterns available today there is a chance that the flies you need may not be listed, if so please contact me and I will do my best to meet your request.

Friday 8 February 2013

Fat Back Tubes


Fat Backs


I have always liked the look of Fat Back tubes, something about that wide long sweeping wing just makes me want to throw it in a nice fast tailout for Atlantic here on my home waters. Sat down this week with a good friend to tie up some flies, he wanted to try tying some tubes up so I showed him how to tie his first tube.

I tied this first one with early Atlantics in mind, I think it will be just the ticket when the fish first enter the rapids. Remember to taper you wings!


This fly will surely move a lot of water with that profile! If I were to go back in time and retie this fly, I think I would add more angel hair to the wing to give it a little more flash.


Here is Bretts first tube fly, a nice minnow pattern that will surely produce on some Steelhead and Atlantics. I like how he added the Grizzly Hackle sides, it gives the look of some barring that you would see on a parr. I really like the fishability of this fly, Great work Brett!




Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment