Welcome to the North Shore Tying Company, If you are interested in having flies tied please visit the "Flies" pages on the right side of the screen. Due to the massive amounts of fly patterns available today there is a chance that the flies you need may not be listed, if so please contact me and I will do my best to meet your request.

Sunday 3 February 2013

Simple and Elagant

There is something to be said about small, simple flies. Often, especially with Atlantics, they will out produce any other type of fly.

Tied these up last night while showing a friend how to "set" these wings, it was definitely a learning process for both him and I.

As Albert Einstein said " If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"

Well sorry Brett, my explanation wasn't simple at all haha.

Its good to challenge yourself when it comes to tying flies, otherwise how can you progress and learn? I remember when I started tying flies I was instantly drawn to classic salmon flies, I knew those were the flies I wanted to be able to tie. I went through alot, and I mean alot of material practising and learning how to tie those flies and slowly but surely I have been making progress, I kept my very first married wind salmon fly ( a Jock Scott, with a bunch of subs) and I use it as a reminder to mark progress.




Hope you enjoyed the post
and try to tie something you never have never tied before, you will inevitably learn something


Thanks
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment