Welcome to the North Shore Tying Company, If you are interested in having flies tied please visit the "Flies" pages on the right side of the screen. Due to the massive amounts of fly patterns available today there is a chance that the flies you need may not be listed, if so please contact me and I will do my best to meet your request.

Thursday 31 January 2013

Gators on my mind

Hey everyone

I've been busy tying lately and haven't been able to write much. I have managed to find some time during my morning coffee to let you know what I have been up to lately.

As the winter temps continue to drop, I have been thinking of warmer weather. I have been experimenting with some patterns for Pike. Its not often that I wonder from my passion of Salmon and Steelhead flies, but it is a good thing to branch out and broaden your skills.

I will admit that deer hair is by far my least favourite material to work with, I like feathers more haha. 

Here is the fly I tied last night, pretty simple pattern, Rabbit Zonker strip, Bucktail, and Deer hair for the head.


I like to take a permanent marker to the under side of the rabbit hide and give it a barred look.


Over all I like it, I still need to glue eyes on it, hopefully my nest one will go a little smother, and soon I will be tying these with different colour hair.





Thanks
Chris




No comments:

Post a Comment