Welcome to the North Shore Tying Company, If you are interested in having flies tied please visit the "Flies" pages on the right side of the screen. Due to the massive amounts of fly patterns available today there is a chance that the flies you need may not be listed, if so please contact me and I will do my best to meet your request.

Thursday 10 January 2013

M & M's - Married and Mixed Wings


Thought I would do a post on some classic style salmon flies I have been tying. Most of them are just freestyles that I have come up with,


I will be taking these flies for a swim this weekend. Hopefully i will be able to find some nice hungry Steel with these!


Above is a mixed wing that I tied up tonight, wing is made up of Amherst, Goose, and Turkey.


Above are two flies that I tied trying to learn how to deal with Amherst Tail, its a very tricky material to marry, it often likes to split once mounted. 


Here are a couple pictures of my fly box for the week end, lots of classic style flies, hopefully they will get bitten. 



The above two flies were inspired by the classic "Floodtide", i really like the use of marabou for a body hackle, I am really looking forward to seeing these things swim.



Hope you enjoyed the post.


Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment