Welcome to the North Shore Tying Company, If you are interested in having flies tied please visit the "Flies" pages on the right side of the screen. Due to the massive amounts of fly patterns available today there is a chance that the flies you need may not be listed, if so please contact me and I will do my best to meet your request.

Sunday 20 January 2013

Addicted to Married Wings



Lately I find my self tying up more married wings than any other fly, not sure why, they take way longer and are way harder to tie. But they sure are pretty and fun to fish....

This fly was a big step for me, I have always had issues with marrying turkey to goose for some reason. I was amazed that after I set the wing the barbs were all still married together. There are still some kinks that need to be worked out in this fly ( floss, herl and the topping) but I have gotten the hardest part down.

I am now in need of some higher quality Jungle Cock and some nice swan to continue with this style of fly


I thought you may like to see what a set of wings looks like before they are tied in. This wing is mad up of Lady Amherst Tail and Turkey Tail.


Success! This wing went on perfectly without splitting the wing. All that is left is the Jungle Cock eyes and then trimming the waste material at the head. (I use a razor blade to trim the head because its easier and cleaner.)



Thanks for reading



Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment