Welcome to the North Shore Tying Company, If you are interested in having flies tied please visit the "Flies" pages on the right side of the screen. Due to the massive amounts of fly patterns available today there is a chance that the flies you need may not be listed, if so please contact me and I will do my best to meet your request.

Monday 24 September 2012

Tying Flies in Hand

Tonight I decided to try and change things up a bit and take a step into the past

I left the vise alone and tried to tie a fly by using my hand to hold the hook
This was a technique that was used in the past to tie classic salmon flies (it was actually common practice to tie in hand). Now we have so many choices of vises to choose from many of us have never even thought about tying a fly with out one. It is a good exercise and will make you appreciate your vise much much more, So if you have an hour or two to spare I recommend trying it

This is a freestyle salmon fly (Inspired by a buddies flies)




I had to use my phone for the picture because I have lost the camera charger........ I need a new camera


Thanks
Chris

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!!!!! Chris
    Looking great site,I'm so happy for you my friend.
    Keep continue hard works,great fly tied in hand.
    I love your all flys.

    Regards
    Whiskeyjin

    ReplyDelete