Welcome to the North Shore Tying Company, If you are interested in having flies tied please visit the "Flies" pages on the right side of the screen. Due to the massive amounts of fly patterns available today there is a chance that the flies you need may not be listed, if so please contact me and I will do my best to meet your request.

Sunday 25 November 2012

F.I.T.S. By Guideline

I managed to get a hold of some of the F.I.T.S Tubing by Guideline, so I thought I would try to tie up some "Scandinavian style"tubes.  Anyone who has fished big flies with me knows how I feel about tubing....... I have had my fair share of tubing break on me in the cold temperatures I fish in and I have never really liked the look of tube flies. So far I have enjoyed tying on the Guideline system and with the addition of some of their cones to the flies it gives the flies a much cleaner look. So hopefully the tubing holds up for me in the winter. 

                                     
These flies are just the ticket for fall Atlantics here in the rapids.

 
Close up of a turbo cone and the all important Jungle Cock


Fish eye view

I will definitely be tying more of these flies in hopes of big Salmon and Steelhead


Chris


2 comments:

  1. Nice tie. Intresting comment about the jungle cock. I'm cheap and leave it out of my flies, but I imagine the clear water up there things are different. I also break a few tubes in the cold weather, but to me, its worth it to be able to quickly change out damaged hooks. Cool site!

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Thanks

    Ya I only use jungle cock because I like the way it looks, to be honest I haven't noticed a difference with or without it in flies.

    Yes the advantage of changing hooks is quite nice, although the same is possibly with a shank, I do like how the tube slides up the leader while fighting a fish, helps prolong the life of the fly.

    Like your site to man, tell kyle to post those salmon pics and videos from the summer, he is taking his sweet time haha

    Chris

    ReplyDelete